ARRI is home of the Texas Microfactory
- a collection of assembly and packaging laboratories
for micromanufacturing. An existing 900 ft² class
10k cleanroom dedicated to heterogeneous microassembly
is currently expanded to include an additional 900 ft² class
10k/1k/100 lab dedicated to wafer-scale integration.
Our state-of-the-art equipment includes:
Microrobotics and Microassembly
- The M³ modular micropackaging system based on
a Motoman RW-161 platform. This platform has multiple
robots with up to 1 micron positioning accuracy,4 end-effectors
and 15 degrees of freedom.
- The µ³ microassembly system including
3 robotic end-effectors with nanometer level precision
positioning. A total of 19 DOF Polytec PI motorized
stages (including servos and piezoactuators) and high
magnification stereo vision is used to perform MEMS
- General-purpose National Instruments data acquisition
and control systems and software tools for assembly
planning and execution.
- Micromanipulator probe station with five manual
and motorized probes for MEMS testing and characterization.
- High precision 16 DOF Thor Labs motorized modular
stages for micropositioning.
- Vibration isolation tables, fiber-optic tools and
materials, UV adhesive and curing system.
- Motorized high magnification microscope cameras
and Labview IMAQ image acquisition software.
- Milliwatt and Watt range lasers, delivery optics,
filters, beam-splitters, other optical accessories
and calibration tools.
- National Instruments PXI chassis with LCR meter,
digital multimeter, digital oscilloscope, data acquisition
system, image acquisition and motion control.
MEMS Packaging and Metrology
- Veeco Wyko NT1100 DMEMS optical profiler and motion
- EVG 520IS/620 wafer bonder and aligner.
- Laurier M-9A die bonder.
- K&S 1415 automatic ball wire bonder.
- High magnification inspection microscope Nikon MM-40.
- Fume hood with nickel, gold and copper electroplating
- Thermolyne programmable hot plate with digital display.
- Coherent 20W soldering/welding diode laser.
- Terra Universal Environmental Enclosure.
- March Plasmod plasma cleaner.
- Veeco helium fine leak detection system
- Thermolyne high temperature reflow oven.
- Environics 4000 series gas mixing system.